Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I'm glad I'm a Roadie...

The other day I went on a 26-mile bike ride with my mentor. That's half the length of the shortest day on the LifeCycle--and now my legs hurt in places I didn't know legs COULD hurt. It was fun, at least the first half. We started in Culver City, following the Ballona Creek bike path down to the beach, then another six miles down the beach to Manhattan Beach, one of my favorite little beach towns in the L.A. area. We got to watch the hang gliders go for their ridiculously short flights off Dockweiler Beach.

But then we had to go BACK to Culver City. Yeah... Little hills that didn't seem that bad the first time all of a sudden seemed twice as hard to climb. After sitting for that long on a bike seat, the tip of it starts to press really, really hard in a really, really bad place. And with every bump in the road, it sends achey shockwaves throughout my whole body. And this is "only" 26 miles. At the last Roadie Meeting, everyone kept saying that we work harder than the cyclists. I don't really see how that's possible... Bicycling is HARD WORK! I'm glad I'm a Roadie.

No comments:

Post a Comment