Friday, April 10, 2009

Hi there.

My name is Wenda. I'm an out transgender girl living in the Los Angeles area. I've read a lot of blogs and miscellaneous postings on the web by others who seem to only post the horror stories of discrimination and mistreatment that some in my community do face, making it seem as though that is everyone's experience all the time.

I respect that many have had experiences like that; I am not trying to discount that in any way. But it has not been my experience, and I want to show that by writing about my own life and unique viewpoints on the world.

I am not going to write about the particulars of transition or transgenderism in general unless it pertains to my personal life--if you are unsure of terms or exactly what I am talking about, please visit the website http://www.tsroadmap.com.

A little background on me: I began my transition from male to female a little over a year ago, and I can't imagine how I got through before I started. I will be attending Portland State University in the fall, majoring in community development. I love Celtic music, and I get overly fascinated by the inner workings of public transportation systems.

Please check back for random slices of Life, Love, and Transgender Good News!

No comments:

Post a Comment