Thursday, May 14, 2009

Tranny justice ;-)

Today's jury duty day. Cool and blegh at the same time. They called me in by my old name, and at first I thought they weren't going to respect my name change ("it takes 24 hours to go through the computer system..."). I was cringing at the thought of them calling my old name out in front of the entire room full of a hundred people--(hey everybody--there's a transsexual juror in the room!) But a really nice lady behind the counter agreed to make a special note for me (on account of my charm, I suppose :-) to make sure I was called Wenda. Yay! Time and time again, even bureaucrats prove to be so nice sometimes. Several months ago, before my name was legally changed, I was forced to out myself to a lady on the phone from the DMV--again I expected the worst. She was so nice! She told me "if you were here right now I would probably give you a hug for being honest and sharing that." I love people sometimes.

On lunch break, I wandered over to Olvera Street and caught the beginning of a beautiful free concert in the park--some guy set up playing exquisite flute and pan-pipe music in the plaza. City living can be wonderful sometimes, even in L.A.

I got to meet Judge Lance Ito, of the O.J. Simpson trial fame. He actually seems kind of nice, despite the disaster that that trial was. As of right now, I'm still sitting in the assembly room, waiting to find out if I can go, or if I have to come back again tomorrow :-( But even if I do, it's not all that bad. Next time I get called for this, it'll be the Multnomah County Courthouse...

Happy Thursday,
Wenda!

Check back for more slices of Life, Love, and Transgender Good News!

No comments:

Post a Comment